How to Configure the Citrix Receiver for Linux and Create Desktop Shortcut
After installing the Citrix Receiver for Linux (here are step by step instructions for Ubuntu and openSUSE), you may want to configure the desktop client and setup desktop shortcuts instead of using the web interface to connect. Here are instructions on how to do this:
- After Installing, you can launch Citrix Receiver from the shortcut in the Applications menu. Click on View > Citrix XenApp View
- Enter the Server URL and click Update (This should be the same URL you would connect to the web interface with)
- Enter the Username, Password, and Domain. Check Save Password and click OK (This should be the same credentials you would enter on the web interface)
- You can now see and connect to all of the published applications available to you.
- To create a Desktop Shortcut for an Application or Server, simply find the Shortcut in the Applications menu and drag it to the desktop. (In my example, I am using Ubuntu's Unity. Just drag the icon from the dashboard to the desktop)